Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Back from the Great Beyond


I have finally returned from my vacation.  Madix and I decided to take a trip to Hilton Head, SC with some great friends.  We had a wonderful time and Madix really enjoyed his first time at the beach and seeing the ocean.  

While I was there, I have to admit that I didn't eat a very healthy diet.  In fact, the only thing that I did eat that was close to healthy was some delicious grouper with steamed green beans.  Other than that, my diet consisted of mostly junk food, hot dogs, and hamburgers.  I also didn't take any of my vitamins or drink any protein shakes.

Another confession?  Other than all the walking to and from and at the beach, I didn't get any exercise.  Granted, there was a lot of walking, so I definitely got in my 3-5 hours of low level cardio, but nothing else.  

Am I happy about the results?  No.  Am I surprised?  No.  Would I have changed a thing?  Probably not.  Relaxation and fun were the key elements for this trip.

For the future, I'm going to start returning to the gym and working out on a regular basis, but it's going to take a couple of weeks to get myself back on track.  I'm moving to a different town in Kentucky and I'll be keeping myself busy when I'm not working on my health with finding a new employer, finding a new gym, and getting myself back into school.  I'm going to start working on becoming an RN (Registered Nurse) which will help me with my medical knowledge in relation to my health.  

I expect great things from myself for the future, and I don't plan on letting myself down.  It may be a little while before I post an update picture of myself or start posting my weekly stats again.  Just bare with me while I go through these changes and I promise that I will have the blog and my health back up to where we last left off.

I want to leave by saying that I love you guys and all of the support that you've given me through this most difficult time in my life as well and Madix's.  I don't know how I could have made it through these past few weeks without the love and support of all of my friends and family.

-Andy

1 comment:

  1. Andy we are so impressed with the healthier lifestyle changes you've made and the weight you've already lost! Being on vacation can be hard to get those healthy meals and work outs in. Next time you're in Hilton Head you should rent a bike or take one of our cardio tennis classes to keep you on track!

    -Bailey with Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort

    ReplyDelete