Monday, June 25, 2012

One Long Year

It's been a year ago today that my wife passed away.  Things were a blur at first.  Hard wouldn't even begin to describe how life was when it happened.  So many thoughts were running through my head about my son, what we would do, where we would go, how we would cope without her, and last of all, me.

Things are still hard.  It's not easy being a single parent.  Finding the motivation to get out of bed on days like this and just get around are really difficult.  There are days when I tell myself that I need to get up and get out, but I don't.  But then again, there are days that I do.  Sometimes, it's hard to walk that fine line between keeping it together and falling apart.  Madix and I have done well so far.

The support I've gotten from my friends and family has been a big help.  In fact, I don't think I could have done it without them.  I've had a lot of encouragement from acquaintances and even strangers who've heard of me and wish us luck with everything we do.  Some of that encouragement has come from people who read this blog and watch the videos.

To all of you:  Thank you.

-Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment