Saturday, July 14, 2012

Quick Morning Pick-Me-Up

Orginal Image borrowed from GrazeWithMe.com

I thought I would throw out this quick tip for getting your day started in the morning.  It was honestly something that I came across by accident, but I knew my friends would enjoy it!

If you've read the blog before, you know how much I love Blender Bottles.  The snap-close top and the wire whisk ball inside make it great for not only mixing up protein shakes, which I frequently have after going to the gym, but it can be used for mixing up any number of things from salad dressings, soups, to any other number of liquid beverages or foods.

A couple of days ago, I decided that it was too hot to be drinking hot coffee in the morning.  I took a page from my old barista days at Starbucks, and decided to make myself a batch of iced coffee.  It's really quite simple.

Brew up a pot of coffee, but do it at double the strength you normally would.  When that pot is brewed, pour it into a pitcher with the same amount of cold water and ice cubes.  If you want it to be a little stronger, you can run half as much water as you did in the first pot through the same grinds that you just used.  If you want to, add sugar for taste (I added less than half a cup for a whole gallon) and let it cool.  It's really easy to make it before you go to bed and let it cool overnight so it's ready for use in the morning.  You can add milk or cream to it when you make it if that is what you prefer.

When I went to make my normal batch this morning, I decided to try something new.  I added a scoop of protein powder to it!  It went from being normal, everyday variety, iced coffee to an iced mocha with protein!

What's great about it is that it not only has the caffeine which we groggy non-morning people so desperately cleave to, but it also has that protein which turns it into a pseudo meal replacement.

Now that is what I call killing two birds with one stone!

No comments:

Post a Comment