Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Weigh-in

My friend, Steven (the Tough Mudder in training mentioned last post), brought me to the gym yesterday to show me some shoulder and chest workouts. With all the intravenous lines I've had as a kid, my upper body strength is severely lacking and it was getting very difficult. I like to think that my determination was proved yesterday and now one more person can see why I'm going to do Tough Mudder. I may not be the strongest, fastest, most athletic, or even the bravest. But I'm definitely the toughest, most headstrong, stubborn, and tenacious. Like Charlie B. Barkin, you can't keep a good dog down. Like the honey badger, I don't care and I take what I want.

Ahem. Yeah, got a little carried away there. Let me poorly attempt to segue. In this case, the taking was taking away my weight. And take it away I have! I'm down to 246.1 pounds! That's ten pounds! Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment