Tuesday, August 21, 2012

SOIBICWABA*

*Stuff Of Interest But I Can't Write A Bunch About (Pronounced "Soy-bick-waba")

-I walked 3.3 miles yesterday between classes. It helps that the building my main classes are in and the building my other class is in are separated by the entire campus. Also, I was really bored waiting for the next class which resulted in an aimless meandering. My legs are sore and I'm proud I effectively used my time.

-Since I consider myself a Taoist, and think they have some interesting (and some useful) medical theories, I'm very interested in starting to learn Tai Chi. I'm only doing preliminary research on the subject, and will keep you updated. The slow and deliberate movements are supposed to be very good for weight loss and flexibility.

-I'm down a pants size (sorta)! The store was out of swim trunks, so I decided to just get a pair of basketball shorts and improvise. I've always been at least an XL, in pretty much anything you were trying to size. Well imagine my surprise when I grabbed the regular purple hanger and noticed it was a little too large for me! That's right, good old Hark graduated down to a yellow L! I'm pretty excited to see some measurable change in my body!

-A good buddy of mine and fellow Tough Mudder Trainer, Steven, demonstrated how to cook an extremely healthy meal yesterday. I've always known how to cook this, but it never dawned on me how healthy it really was! Cook up some brown rice (it's healthier than white and twice as delicious!). Sprinkle some oil in a frying pan (I like olive) and toss some bite-size chicken chunks in there once it gets hot. Add a dash of sauce (he used terryaki and sriracha) and cook it until almost done. Toss in some broccoli and a little bit more sauce, then cover. Let all that flavorful food nuggets steam up together for about 5-10 minutes. When the broccoli gets to your liking, take it out. Scoop it onto a serving of rice and put it in your mouth! Super cheap, super healthy, super fast!

-Now a question, which you can answer in these comments or facebook comments: What sort of stuff do you guys want to see us discuss? More on supplements? Workouts? Healthy fooding?

No comments:

Post a Comment