Wednesday, August 1, 2012

How to lay about without being a layabout.

And.... he's back! Sorry for the delay in posting folks, I've been pretty busy with some minor surgery on my chest. Luckily, I've had experience with avoiding these muscle groups before, so I didn't just sit on my bum all day and wish I was exercising. 

I sat on my bum all day and exercised.


I ended up finding a pedal machine, which is like a more portable stationary bike, for ridiculously cheap. These things are foldable, and pretty low-cost. I can't recommend them enough for people with small apartments or a lack of storage space.

I've already got pretty strong legs, so this wasn't much of a workout. But it's a good way to burn more calories when you're on the couch playing videogames or watching a movie. 



Another good way to burn those calories while you're being a lazy bum is a fitness ball.

Yep, one of those. I know some of you manly men are saying, "I don't want none of that namby-pamby yoga crap!" To which I say, "Fine then. Don't buy a cheap way to lose weight and is actually kind of fun. Also, quit being a jerk and nay-saying everything." Studies are starting to show just sitting on these guys isn't much different from sitting in a chair. But there's a huge difference when you do small repeated movements on one of these instead of lounging on the couch. I usually swing my hips in a small circle or bounce slightly while on the ball. You might actually find your core a little sore the next day if you've been really working at it.

Now I'm starting to wonder if I can combine the two into one exercise. If I don't make it back, tell Andy I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment