Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Reflections from right after the start

I've been taking GNC Mega Men Sport Vitapaks for a while now, before Josh and I started this blog and even the contest between us.  I always liked them because they had that little pick-me-up of caffeine built in to them for the morning.  However, when I was getting to the gym in the afternoons that little burst of energy had passed.  I probably could have switched the time I took these vitamins because all they really required was taking them with food, but then my mornings would have been shot.

I knew it was time to step up to weight-loss supplements.  The first one I tried was Zantrex-3, but I was never really impressed with the results.  Like a lot of supplements like it, Zantrex wanted you to take them daily and on a regular basis.  That was never really what I was needing though, and I certainly didn't need the price that came along with them.  After all, caffeine is a drug that one can get addicted to and if you don't believe me then visit a coffee shop.

After I finished the Zantrex, I decided to start shopping for a new supplement.  I came across these while at my local pharmacy (that also sells GNC products!):


Everlast Energy seems to speak to me personally.  They're a herbal supplement that is meant to be taken only before workouts.  They also do a lot of boasting about their thermogenic qualities, which help you burn fat during a workout.  I'm going to use them for at least the next month to test their effectiveness, see if they live up to what they claim, and check for any unwanted side-effects.  This stuff is still pretty new to the market, but I don't mind being a Guinea pig.  Maybe I'll be one of the first to stumble upon something great!

No comments:

Post a Comment