Saturday, February 19, 2011

Try the Local World Gym - FOR FREE

So you just can't make it out to the gym in town.  The prices are too high, the people are snobs, and the business hours are crap.  It could be worse than that, and you may not have a gym in your town at all.  The nearest gym may not be worth the drive and you might just not have the time to get there and back.

I think a lot of people have a lot of excuses for not going to the gym.  I know that I did for too many years.  Were my excuses valid?  Of course not.  I was afraid of going in and looking like a fool.  I mean, who wants to be the fat guy at the gym?  I never had the right clothes, never owned an MP3 player, or drove the right car.  Besides, those prices were too damned high.

Of course, I had to have a reality check a while back, and that changed my perception of the gym.  I guess when you scare yourself after getting off of a scale as badly as I did, things like clothes, MP3 players, fitness freaks, and looking good before I went in the doors didn't matter as much.

Still yet, there are those of us who do have valid excuses for not having a gym membership.  But not to fret, because there is still one gym that gives out a free membership.  They're open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, although there are some months where those hours may not be so appealing.

I welcome you to the Local World Gym.


You may think that I'm crazy, but I promise you that I'm not.  You want to work out your back?  Do some pull-ups on a low hanging branch or the beam of a swing set.  Pump your chest with some push-ups.  Grab something heavy and do some squats to work your legs and core.  Sprint through a field or down your road.  Burn some quick calories by doing step-ups on any platform.  It isn't going to cost you a dime.

No, that's not me.
  

If you're in a park, look around some of the trails, or better yet hike them, and you might find an actual outdoor gym built for joggers.  A lot of city parks have also started to build them for their residents.

An example of an outdoor gym at a park


Whatever you do, do something!  And remember that the world is our playground.



No comments:

Post a Comment