Saturday, June 25, 2011

Andy - Week of 6/16/11 Stats - Biggest Loser Week 5



Week Starting Weight: 347.6 lbs
Week Ending Weight:  357.4 lbs
Lost Since Last Week:    0.0 lbs

Exercise
Thursday: 45 minutes of hiking, 1 hour of swimming
Friday: None
Saturday: 3 minutes of Treadmill Warm-up, 160 lbs, x 25 Lateral Pulls and Rows, 100 lbs x 60 Double Bell Squats*, 160 lbs x 25 Shoulder Presses, 45 seconds x 4 sets of Planks, 110 lbs x 25 Bench Presses; 25 minutes of Walking
Sunday: None
Monday: 4 minutes of Elliptical Warm-up, 160 lbs x 25 Shoulder Presses, 45 seconds x 4 sets of Planks, 110 lbs x 25 Bench Presses, 100 lbs x 17 Double Bell Squats**; 20 minutes of Treadmill Cardio; 20 minutes of Walking
Tuesday: None
Wednesday: 3.25 minutes of Elliptical Warm-up, 110 lbs x 25 Bench Presses, 50 lbs x 60 Double Bell Squats, 160 lbs, x 25 Lateral Pulls and Rows, 45 seconds x 4 sets of Planks, 160 lbs x 25 Shoulder Presses

*This was the point where I proceeded to put too much strain on my right trapezius muscle in my neck near the base of my skull.  This was probably due to poor alignment of the neck and trying to do too many repetitions in one set.
**This was the point where I was a little too forgetful about my previous injury and tried to go back and do it over.  This time, the resulting pain caused me to stop my strength training all together for the day.

Reflections
I would love to say, "I give up on trying to understand my body" but I understand it all too well by this point.  The foods we eat act as ghosts, coming to haunt us days after eating them (see my post on Carbs).

The stats from this week are a combination of many things.  The first being a terrible sleep and work schedule.  This is what happens when you work way more than you should are used to and on varying shifts.  The second factor was poor eating choices when in a hungry pinch.  The third being fatigue from loss of sleep and injury combined.

In other news, I did get to find a great little nature trail that I got to go out and walk earlier in the week.  It took me about 45 minutes with my son, but I'm sure I could sprint/jog it in about 25 minutes (3 year-olds need to make periodic stops to check things out).  It has a relatively level terrain and it's really beautiful to look at.  I expect to go back a lot.

Goals for Next Week
I've got three more weeks of scheduled madness at work.  There is a small chance that it may get cut short if the new-hires being trained finish up sooner than expected and start working regularly scheduled shifts.  I'm not going to get my hopes up or anything, but the relief will be nice.  The bottom line is that I would rather them be ready for the job than to come out half-cocked and not last.  That's three more weeks of doing my best to cope with 4-5 long days of madness.

In the meantime, I'm going to have to do my best to utilize the time I have to get adequate rest.  This should help with the fatigue I'm experiencing and not cause the foods I eat to affect me so badly.

Of course, making better eating choices is going to be key.  I've did a lot better over the past week than I have in the past few, but improvements still can be made in many areas.  I want to make a return to intermittent fasting.

I'm happy with my cardio time and the number of times I'm making it into the gym for strength training.  The only thing I have to work on now is practicing good form when I do my lifts.  Without proper form, I am setting myself up for a needless injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment