Monday, June 20, 2011

No Sweets? No Sweat! 30 Day Challenge - Day 30 (THE END)



With a lot of people like me who are trying to lose weight, one of the biggest obstacles we have to overcome is giving up sweets. For the next thirty days I want you to take this challenge with me.  Eat nothing sweet!  Let's cut out all the indulgences we take for granted, and prove to our bodies, our minds, and everyone else that we don't need sugar to survive!  I'll be posting periodically about my progress.  I want you to leave comments about your progress as well.  Let us inspire one another!  

Day 30


So how did you do?  Be honest.  Was it hard?  

For me, it certainly was a hard challenge.  I slipped up a few times.  I blatantly disregarded the challenge a couple of times.  But that wasn't the point.

The point of this whole thing was to prove to ourselves and others that we don't need sweets to get through our days.  We proved that we didn't need sweets to keep our blood glucose levels maintained at a reasonable level.  Most importantly, I hope we all found alternatives to sweets foods that satisfy our needs and cravings.

One thing that has surprised me over the past few weeks is how much gum I chewed gum.  My wife asked me at least four or five different times if I needed more chewing gum.  I finally asked her, "Do I really go through that much that often?"  I guess the answer was, "Yes."

I know that I'm able to walk by the candy and gum isle at the grocery store now and not give it a second look.  I can also see a gallon of sweet tea or lemonade and not be thirsty for it, because nothing beats my bottle of ice-cold water.

Did anyone else learn anything about themselves through this challenge?  If so, please leave a comment with your experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment