Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Things That Make You Feel Old - Pill Organizers

Have I ever told you how many vitamins I take?

I take two GNC Mega Men Sport vitamins, two 1,000mg Flaxseed Oil gelcaps, and whatever energy/fat burning/appetite/anti-oxidant supplement I may be trying at the time EVERY DAY!  That's anywhere from four to seven different supplements in one day.

When I first started taking supplements, my kitchen countertop was a mess.  There were bottles everywhere for every thing that I was taking.  My wife decided that she couldn't take the clutter anymore (understandably), and moved them all to one cabinet.  I'm a very visual person, so when the bottles went out of my sight they also went out of my mind.  I found myself going two or three days in a row without taking my vitamins, which I was not a fan of.  When I don't take my vitamins, it means that I forget to give my son his vitamins, so everybody was suffering a little.

The next move I tried was putting them in my backpack.  I figured that since I keep my backpack with me at all times, I would see them at some point every day and remember to take them.  This too, resulted in ultimate failure.  I knew a move back to the counter-top was out of the question, and I needed a quick solution.

Thankfully, a friend (via a Facebook status update) was complaining about feeling old at the ripe age of 26 because of buying herself this:


I'm not going to go on and on about the benefits of a pill organizer.  They pretty much speak for themselves.  But if you are having trouble remembering to take your pills or supplements like I was, maybe it's time to get down like grandpa and break out one of these bad boys.

They worked for me, they work for my dad, they work for my grandma, and they can work for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment