Friday, April 8, 2011

Bust a Move!


I actually started to write this post a couple of days before now, but I wasn't feeling all that great.  I just wasn't in a fantastic mood.  However, my son came in and wanted to listen to some music with me.  Whenever the two of us get together and listen to music, what happens next is unstoppable.

Dancing.


People have been dancing since before music was made.  When music came along, everything just got better!   The best part about dancing, contrary to popular belief, is that there is no wrong way to do it.  There may be dances that aren't appealing to some due to style or beliefs (see: traditional religious folks), but that doesn't make them wrong.  In those cases, some dances may just have a certain place and time.

Dancing is great for people like me for one reason in particular:  when the weather is at one extreme or the other,  I can be indoors and dance for a cardio workout at any time.  The greatest part about dancing is that it doesn't require any more than you to do it.  Granted, a source of music is a perfect addition to the dance, but it's not required.  It's great for cardio too, if you're just looking to burn some quick calories.

For me, I like to turn on my music player on my computer and then dance right there behind my desk.  Sometimes (like right now), I like to just do a little simple dance at my desk while typing and listening to music.

By the way, any type of music will do.  I love listening to fast paced music like rock, metal, pop, or techno.  That doesn't mean that I don't break out to some classical or even country on occasion.  It's really just whatever gets me in the mood to boogie.

If you're still unsure about what to do (as if just getting a good jive on wasn't good enough) there are plenty of videos on Youtube to look at for dance move ideas.  Whatever it takes, just get out there and bust a move! 

No comments:

Post a Comment