Sunday, April 17, 2011

Meal Time! Monster Burger Omelet

Monster Burger Omelet with Turkey Bacon

When I woke up Thursday morning, I had no intention of making this.  I had no idea this even existed.  The idea for this omelet simply came "off the fly" when my wife asked me, "What do you want for breakfast?"

I had already made fried eggs, scrambled eggs, and a frittata that week, so more of those didn't sound any good.  I decided on an omelet because I can pretty much throw in whatever I wanted.  I'm used to cooking them in a skillet or frying pan, but decided to go with an electric griddle for this one.  Here's everything that's in it and how to make it:

4 eggs ( I love eggs)
1 leftover Turkey burger from the night before
1/4 cup Portobello mushroom slices
1/8 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tbsp mayonnaise
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat your griddle to medium heat (mine's a little weak, so I go medium-high) and oil/spray/grease it if you need to for non-stick.  Stir in eggs and salt and pepper until well mixed.  Slowly pour eggs on griddle and be prepared for a well-sized omelet.  At the same time this is going on, if you have the real-estate on your griddle, I heated up the portobello's and the turkey burger (cut into chunks). If you don't have that much room, just preheat them before cooking the omelet and set them to the side.  I used two spatulas to flip the omelet once it was cooked on one side and could hold together.  Once flipped, I spread the mayo over one half of the cooked side, then added the burger, mushrooms, and cheese to that same half of the omelet.  Once the bottom side was sufficiently cooked, I folded it in half and used the two spatulas to move it to my plate.  

Honestly, the turkey bacon on the side was too much.  I barely finished the omelet.  I had a full tummy from it for most of the day.  The cool part about this omelet is that it is almost completely Primal Blueprint approved! 

Try it or something like it in your home today!

No comments:

Post a Comment