Sunday, May 22, 2011

No Sweets? No Sweat! 30 Day Challenge - Day 1



With a lot of people like me who are trying to lose weight, one of the biggest obstacles we have to overcome is giving up sweets. For the next thirty days I want you to take this challenge with me.  Eat nothing sweet!  Let's cut out all the indulgences we take for granted, and prove to our bodies, our minds, and everyone else that we don't need sugar to survive!  I'll be posting periodically about my progress.  I want you to leave comments about your progress as well.  Let us inspire one another!  

Day 1
Today went by fairly well.  I found out very quickly that this wasn't exactly going to be a walk in the park.  Then again, a walk in the park can be hard depending on where there park is and how big it is...

I digress.  The only times I had problems today was when I was doing some work on a computer at home and I was waiting for a process to be over.  I got bored while waiting and before I knew it I was standing in the kitchen looking through the pantry.  "How did I get here?" I asked myself.  Stopping to think about the fact that I was bored, not hungry, and didn't need a sweet food to help me fixed it really quick.  I returned to my chair and opened up a book while waiting on the process to end.

The only obstacles I see coming from this experience are going to be:  Getting snacks from the kitchen,  getting snacks from the gas station, and getting snacks at work.  Note to self to avoid.  This feels like when I quit smoking.  

MIND OVER MATTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment