Tuesday, May 31, 2011

No Sweets? No Sweat! 30 Day Challenge - Day 10



With a lot of people like me who are trying to lose weight, one of the biggest obstacles we have to overcome is giving up sweets. For the next thirty days I want you to take this challenge with me.  Eat nothing sweet!  Let's cut out all the indulgences we take for granted, and prove to our bodies, our minds, and everyone else that we don't need sugar to survive!  I'll be posting periodically about my progress.  I want you to leave comments about your progress as well.  Let us inspire one another!  

Day 10
The holiday weekend was tough.  I have to admit that I did give in twice over the weekend.  The first time, I was offered a delicious dessert at my family's cookout that I could not resist.  The second time, I was with my in-laws at a campground and we had ran out of bottled water.  I had no choice but to drink a diet soda.  Other than the late night Taco Bell run on Saturday (first time at that place in over six months, and it will probably be another six before I go back) I had a decent weekend!

I am currently working on cutting back my artificial sweetener in my coffee.  When I started out, I was using 3-4 packs of Splenda in a cup.  I'm now down to 2 packets (I think that's what normal people use) and I'm hoping to be using none at all in another 10 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment