Monday, May 2, 2011

Snack of the Week - Celery


I'm posting some of my favorite healthy snacks that I eat.  I want to keep these snacks always fresh in your mind, so I'm going to post a new one every week.  Some of them will be foods that you have all the time, but never knew how beneficial they were.  Some of them will be foods you thought were gross, but maybe deserve a second chance.  Some of them may be foods you've never even heard of!  Whatever the case may be, if you're out at your local grocery, remember to pick up a little of one of these foods and chew on them for thought!

About Celery
Apium graveolens is a plant species in the family Apiaceae commonly known as celery or celeriac depending on whether the stalks or roots are eaten.
(Source: Wikipedia.org)

Ways to Enjoy Celery
This is another simple snack to eat!  But it, cut it up, wash it, and enjoy.  If you're not into eating this food by itself, enjoy it with a nut butter or some cream cheese.  Combine it with some peanut butter, and some of the raisins I told you about a few weeks ago to make Ants on a Log!

Like most of our other snacks, celery is great when cut up and put into a salad.  I also understand that celery can be cut up into slices for stir-frying and things like that, but it's never lasted long enough to make it that far in my home.


Celery Nutrition



No comments:

Post a Comment